Guest Post - The Birds of Toronto

Toronto and the Ontario area are known as being particularly strong when it comes to birdlife. This shorter post is a selection of photographs from Toronto highlighting only a few of the many brilliant bird species from across the pond. For many of my British readers, I hope this will give you an idea of what birds live around the Toronto area.

*

Another trip to Toronto, another trip to Tommy Thompson Park to find more of Canada's birds. I was here around the same time last year, and there were noticeably more birds around this year, particularly cormorants and gulls in their thousands nesting all over the park.

This time I came here with one main aim - to find and photograph the Belted Kingfisher which I glimpsed last year. But I soon realised my chances of photographing the kingfisher were low this time around, mainly due to the vast quantity of seabirds that left little room for other birds.

I therefore set off to find what other species were around Tommy Thompson, and was amazed at the number and diversity of birds I saw. Here is a selection of my better photographs from my 9 hour outing to the park (may have lost track of the time!). Enjoy!

Nesting Cormorants
A lot of Cormorants!
Killdeer
Caspian Tern 
Eastern Kingbird 
Black-crowned Night Heron
American Robin
Young Swallows
American Goldfinch
American Goldfinch
Yellow Warbler

*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conservation: Costa Rica Leading By Example after Deforestation Report

Extremadura: Raptors

Bird Ringing in Surrey