Animal of the Month

Welcome to Animal of the Month for March 2015. Every month, we will announce our favourite animal that has been featured on the blog at some point during the month.

Which animal has been our favourite this month?

Contenders
Badger
Masked Crab
Chough
Dipper

Winner: Masked Crab
This month was the toughest decision yet. It was very difficult to choose between Chough, Dipper or Masked Crab, but I eventually decided on the Masked Crab because I had never seen anything like it before Wales. I had no idea that they even existed, and it was a real surprise when I found it. All the other contenders I had seen before, but the Masked Crab was a new find for me. This is also the first AotM that isn't a bird.






Fact File
Name: Masked Crab
Scientific Name: Corystes cassivelaunus
Family: Corystidae
Diet: burrowing invertebrates, molluscs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conservation: Costa Rica Leading By Example after Deforestation Report

Extremadura: Raptors

Bird Ringing in Surrey